Treasure Island Book Adventure
lead teacher–Beth Carter
Ahoy, me Hearties! Join Inkwell for a swashbuckling adventure as we explore Robert Louis Stevenson’s Treasure Island. This daily camp fosters guy and gal pirates’ enjoyment of a classic tale about a perilous sea journey, mutiny, and buried treasure. Students will …
• read the book both in and out of class
• participate in discussions to demonstrate reading comprehension
• learn about features like genre, point of view, symbolism, and figurative language
• keep a written ship’s log of their “voyage” through the book
• complete fun hands-on activities that are pirate-themed
A field trip to a local park to search for buried treasure will culminate the book club, weather permitting.
Books and some materials are provided. Things students need to bring to class are a daily snack and a pencil case with supplies–pencils, eraser, scissors, glue stick, and their choice of colored pencils, markers, or crayons.
For the convenience of parents who want to pick up students during their work lunch break, an optional child care hour is available after class until 12:30 for an extra $10 fee per day. This service must be arranged in advance.
July 23-August 2 (excluding Sunday)
Downtown Education Nook
3388 Auburn Road
Auburn Hills, MI
$375 total tuition and fees, payable in 2 payments
• $175 nonrefundable deposit due upon registration
• $200 due on the first day of class